University of Bradford visiting SI-UK Dhaka office
|Percent International Students||15%|
|Famous For||Politics, Business, Physiotherapy, Engineering|
The University of Bradford has been named as University of the Year for Social Inclusion by The Times and The Sunday Times ranking 2020.
Bradford is one of the world’s great technology universities, providing high-quality teaching, underpinned by cutting-edge research with practical applications to solve tomorrow’s problems. The University is committed to helping all its students to lead fulfilling lives, become global citizens, and make a difference to the world.
Bradford collaborates closely with local, regional, national and multinational businesses from across all sectors of the global economy ranging from associations with local employers through its employer engagement initiatives, to overseas partnerships including those in Singapore, Poland, Malaysia, Pakistan and India. Global and local partnerships inform the University’s curriculum and provide inspirational work placements.
- 3rd in the UK for Forensic Science (Complete University Guide 2020)
- 4th in the UK for Chemical Engineering (Guardian University Guide 2020)
- 4th in the UK for Occupational Therapy (Complete University Guide 2020)
- 8th in the UK for Physiotherapy (Complete University Guide 2020)
- 10th in the UK for Medical Technology (Complete University Guide 2020)
- Tripple Crown Accredidation for School of Management
- The University has almost 10,000 students studying in the UK and overseas
- Students will benefit from a £120 million campus development
- The University is a global village with over 127 different nationalities
- Accommodation options are available for students in the form of a modern apartments or townhouses in The Green, an award-winning secure and self-contained on-campus student village, which is currently one of the most sustainable developments in the world
- Every student is automatically a member of The University of Bradford Students’ Union (UBU). The UBU has everything to complement student life. Students can expand their skills through sports, societies, media activities or volunteering, meet new friends or get academic or social advice and support
- Students become part of the University’s fun and supportive unique community, Team Bradford. Team Bradford ensures that your time at Bradford is more than just achieving a degree
- The University strongly supports entrepreneurship among its students and graduates to help shape their future
- Students have fantastic work placement opportunities and benefit from the University’s global network of potential employers
- The University has a strong track record of graduates entering professional and managerial level jobs
- Triple accredited business school, one of an elite group of business schools to achieve this
- Top 10 in the UK for Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Optometry & Opthalmics, Medical Technology and Forensic Science by The Complete University Guide 2019
- Silver awardee for the excellence of teaching (Teaching Excellence Framework 2017)
- 94% of Bradford’s graduates go into work or further study within six months of graduation – (HESA 2017)
International students are guaranteed a place in Halls in their first year. The University of Bradford has a combination of directly owned and managed halls. These halls are located on the main campus and at the School of Management; nominated halls are those at Laisteridge Lane and Wardley House.
On the main campus, The Green provides brand new rooms for students and has been voted the best accommodation in the UK at the College and University Business Officers Awards, as well as the most environmentally friendly building in the world.
The main University of Bradford campus is within walking distance of the city centre. The library, computing and sports facilities are open for extended hours during evenings and weekends and, together with centralised student support activities, provide all the social, recreational, study and welfare facilities necessary for a rich learning and social lifestyle for both students and staff on one campus.
The cities of Leeds, York, Manchester and Sheffield are less than an hour away by car, supported by an excellent public transport system. The countryside is within walking distance from the city centre.