Cranfield University visiting SI-UK Dhaka office
An investment in advancing your career is a life-changing decision. By joining Cranfield University’s global reputation you will be taking your first steps to building strong relationships with some of the world’s most prestigious companies in industry. Cranfield University can open doors for you.
As an exclusively postgraduate university, we offer you the opportunity to invest wisely in your future in one of the areas we are most passionate about. We are passionate in aerospace, defence and security, energy and power, environment and agrifood, manufacturing, transport systems and water.
What makes Cranfield unique?
- In The Economist Which MBA? Masters in Management (MiM) 2019 ranking, the Cranfield School of Management’s Management MSc was ranked 3rd in the UK and 30th in the world. It was also ranked 1st in the UK and 9th in the world for percentage of job-seeking graduates with a job offer 3 months after graduation.
- Our Flagship MBA is ranked 9th in the UK and 76th in the world. (FT 2019 Global MBA rankings)
- 81% of our research is classed as world-leading or internationally excellent by REF (Research Excellence Framework, 2014)
- We are ranked in the top five of UK universities for commercial research income.
- 97% of our graduates are in relevant employment or further study six months after graduation, securing jobs in some of the world’s best-known organisations including BP, Oxfam, Unilever, Airbus, Williams F1, Water Aid, Deloitte, RollsRoyce, PwC and Singapore Airlines.
- Our Crash Impact Centre is one of just three FIA (Federation Internationale de l’Automobile) approved test centres in the world, crash-testing Formula One cars.
- We are ranked in the top four UK universities for commercial research, consultancy and professional development
- We are the only university in the world to own and run an airport and to have airline status
One of the most influential universities in the world
As the UK's most business-engaged University, we are trusted to understand and to be responsive to many organisations' needs.
- We have links with government departments and many of the largest and most successful global businesses including Airbus, Jaguar Land Rover, Rolls-Royce, Unilever, UK Civil Aviation Authority and Yorkshire Water.
- We have a centre for innovation next to the university campus. Cranfield University Technology Park is home to more than 60 companies.
- We have had a close working relationship with Rolls-Royce for over 30 years.
- In 2015, we signed a collaboration agreement with Boeing, building on its 10-year partnership.
- We have a strategic partnership with EasyJet, Europe's leading airline.
- We work with Unilever, one of the world's largest consumer goods companies.
Services for International Students
Cranfield University is home to around 4,000 postgraduate students from over 100 countries. A third of University staff come from outside the EU, and work alongside 750 businesses in 40 countries. Cranfield support staff can offer advice on visas and finance to international students, while the university also runs a pre-sessional English programme for international students.
As a wholly postgraduate university, Cranfield University is not included in standard league tables. Cranfield University School of Management MBA is ranked Number 45 in the FT Global MBA Ranking 2015, while the Economist ranks it 46th in the world and 13th in Europe.
Cranfield has been awarded the Queen’s Anniversary Prize in Further and Higher Education on three occasions - in 2005 for its Fellowship in Manufacturing Management, in 2007 for its role in Humanitarian Demining and in 2011 for its world-leading work in aviation safety through research and training in air accident investigation. In the 2014 Research Excellence Framework, 81% of Cranfield research was classed as ‘world leading’ and ‘internationally excellent’.
Cranfield offer both catered and self-catered on campus accommodation, from halls of residence to shared houses, apartments for couples to houses for families. The University can also help to find private accommodation in nearby towns and villages. University rooms on the Shrivenham campus are generally reserved for military students. Learn more about Cranfield accommodation.
Cranfield University campus is 40 minutes away from central London by train, with the nearest towns being Milton Keynes and Bedford. London Luton airport is the closest to the University, while Heathrow, Gatwick and Stansted are all easily accessible via train and coach.
Cranfield Defence and Security is around 50 mins from London by train and around 25 mins from Bristol by train. Bath, Cheltenham, Bristol and Oxford are all within an hour’s drive and London less than two hours away by car.
Courses starting in January 2020
- Counterterrorism MSc
- Counterterrorism Risk Management and Resilience MSc
- Defence Acquisition Management MSc
- Defence Leadership MSc
- Information Capability Management MSc
- Military Aerospace and Airworthiness MSc
- Programme and Project Management (Defence) MSc
- Safety and Accident Investigation - Marine Transport PgCert
- Systems Engineering for Defence Capability MSc
Who: Cranfield University
Where: SI-UK Dhaka Office
When: Sunday 22 December 2019, 10:00 - 13:00
Representative: Jasminder Khanna